With laser skin resurfacing, a highly skilled surgeon can remove one layer of skin at a time with virtually no thermal damage or scarring. It’s an incredible breakthrough that dramatically smoothes wrinkles and lines.
Advances in laser technology mean it is now possible to reduce facial wrinkles, scars and a variety of skin growths and blemishes. When used for skin rejuvenation, this full-field resurfacing laser removes the damaged skin layer-by-layer in a controlled manner. The old, damaged skin is replaced by new, smoother, more evenly toned skin. Laser Skin Resurfacing treatment is our go-to deep, reliable skin rejuvenation procedure. It is a one-time treatment that will likely accomplish all your resurfacing needs.
At Bense SurgiSpa we are very pleased to provide our patients with the most advanced laser technologies available in the cosmetic and aesthetic industries in the world.
Resurfacing lasers are either ablative, non-ablative or fractional:
- Remove thin layers of surface skin creating a uniform injury to your skin
- Remove the damaged upper layers of your skin
- Smoothes and tightens the skin
- Reduces wrinkles
- Corrects pigmentation and scarring problems
- Are non-wounding and less invasive.
- They stimulate collagen growth and tighten the underlying skin
- The laser light applies a degree of heat damage to the skin’s layers.
- Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced, sometimes results are not always visible until months after the procedure.
- May be ablative or non-ablative.
- Makes tiny holes into the deeper layer of your skin, thereby tightening the skin by connecting the dots.
- Are used to treat fine lines, deeper wrinkles, sun damage, acne scarring, and melasma.
The Bense Surgispa Approach
The best uses of skin resurfacing:
- NLP or MLP for superficial textural changes
- IPL for vascular and pigmentary changes
For Deep Textural changes:
- ProFractional or other deep fractional treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing with Erbium or CO2
Bense SurgiSpa offers five options for laser skin resurfacing:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing using Erbium by Sciton
- Laser Skin Resurfacing using CO2 Laser
- Fractionated Laser Skin Resurfacing using ALMA Pixel CO2
- Fractora® Resurfacing
Good results are possible for most patients when laser skin resurfacing is used to:
- Smooth and “tighten” eyelid skin
- Reduce “crow’s feet” wrinkles around the eyes
- Erase fine lines and wrinkles on the face (especially on the upper lip, cheeks, and forehead)
- Soften “pucker” marks and frown lines
- Repair “smoker’s lines” and “lipstick bleed” around the mouth
- Flatten and improve the appearance of acne and surgical scars
- Reduce brown spots or “blotchy” uneven skin color
- Smooth the skin on your entire face
- People with lighter skin tend to get the best results. In people with a darker complexion, you may have to apply a bleaching cream before and after the Erbium/CO2 laser treatment.
In most cases the results are a moderate to marked reduction in facial lines and wrinkles, a more even skin tone and texture, and a fresher healthier looking skin. The results of skin resurfacing demonstrate improvement in the smoothness of the skin: however, a complete elimination of wrinkles or scarring is not a realistic expectation for all patients. Good results are possible for most patients when laser skin resurfacing is used for:
Texture and Laxity issues:
- Fine lines
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Enlarged pores
- Bumpy skin
- Actinic keratosis
- Poor skin texture and tone
- Skin tightening due to thermal ablation
- Effect gets better over 8 -12 months
Discolorations (depending on Depth of Treatment):
- Helps with some of the more superficial pigmentation problems like sun damage with brown spots
- It is however not designed to treat reds and other vascular problems
- There is one unique quality of the erbium laser resurfacing which stands out: it works better than any CO2 laser for treating hyperpigmentation (sun spots, age spots, liver spots). This is explained by the fact that skin pigment rests in the superficial skin layers and is better suited to absorb the erbium laser energy. So if you have areas of darker skin discoloration, superficial erbium laser resurfacing might be right for you.
Who is suitable for laser resurfacing?
All wrinkles are reduced, but those caused by the sun, especially those around the eyes and lips respond best. It is never too late – or too early – to treat wrinkles once they are established. Acne scars and facial scars from surgery or trauma may be reduced but very deep scars may not be completely removed. Many benign skin growths and scaly patches on the face and elsewhere are removed with ease. The procedure does provide a general “lift” to the face, but a ThreadLift is necessary to reverse advanced sagging of the skin of the face. Wrinkles on the lips and around the eyes usually do not respond well to face lifting (ThreadLift) but DO respond to resurfacing very well. In some instances both procedures are necessary to achieve the best results.
What areas can be treated?
While specific areas can be targeted, such as frown furrows, crow’s feet, laugh lines, smoker’s lines and fine wrinkling, full face resurfacing produces even more dramatic results.
How does this treatment work?
- The clinical effects of the CO2 laser are based on the principal of the incoming light being converted to heat. The heat generated from the laser is enough to vaporize the intracellular water of skin tissue, which will cause vaporization of the skin cells. This Erbium resurfacing laser removes the damaged skin layer-by-layer in a controlled manner.
- Reduces photo damaged skin
- Improves wrinkles, colour and tone in skin
- Doctor can control the depth of skin removed
- Can be adjusted to the client’s needs
When to consider Laser Skin Resurfacing treatment:
- Sagging cheeks. Poorly defined jawline.
- Tired and drawn appearance with deep-set forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- If you would like to see the face you’ve always known again, then you are likely a good candidate for Contour TRL Resurfacing.
- A local anesthetic combined with a topical anesthetic cream and a light oral sedative is all that is required.
- Depending on the treatment performed and the depth of skin removal desired and recommended, healing time will vary. We will discuss this with you during your consultation.
- It is possible to use camouflage makeup after a few weeks. The skin can remain pink from up to a few months and in some cases longer. Sun protection is vital until the redness subsides completely.
- To maximize the benefits of Laser Skin Resurfacing, anti-wrinkle injections may be recommended pre-surgery with routine treatment as necessary post-surgery.
- Post surgery your skin will appear similar to second-degree burn. The initial post-operative appearance looks like an abrasion, red and weepy. For most people this lasts for several weeks, at which time most patients return to work and makeup can be resumed, individual results may vary.